 From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Jean Van Den Rawette
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:43 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] insulin-pumpers-digest V12 #287

Donate to Insulin Pumpers with no cost to you.
Apply for an Insulin Pumpers VISA card by visiting:

  http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/creditcard.html

Hi Jean,

What brand of sensors ?
 Medtronic sensors (old and new ) should last 6 days or you're entitled to ask
they why not. As for batches of sensors stopping after 5 days, I doubt it and
would search for some other explanation. I just cannot see how they could do
 that with the current sensor generation where we can fool the pump into
thinking
the old sensor is a new one and do it several times for some of us. Have you
tried to "restart" the sensor after it failed ?
 But of course you're right as tear as the future is concerned; I am afraid the
next generation (the US Enlite ?) will probably include a sensor serial number,
 thus allowing the software to refuse extra lengthy sensors. And pretend it's
for
safety reasons. Maybe they have trouble doing that : the new ones might differ
from the european ones And that' could be the reason for the delays in FDA
approval ? (OK Just kidding)

Jean Debefve
Le 30 nov. 2011 ` 03:50, BrentM a icrit :