(SLIGHTLY O.T.) Re: [IP] ridiculous why we are not able to use artificial pancreas

Agreed !

 May I add that the move from "animal insulin" to hi-tech recombinant DNA
insulin has led to a disaster in developing countries ? -Or so was I told- The
much more profitable human-like insulin has made the production of the cheaper
insulin disappear. If you're a type I in Africa and you're not very rich
compared to the average, you got very few chances to survive. The market economy
has its flaws as far as the humanity health is concerned.
 Please note that I am not suggesting we should have a political discussion
about such topics in this group. (I mentioned the O.T_ Out of Topic in this mail
title to be sure)
 It's just that , although I am very happy to benefit from my nice and
up-to-date Medtronic CGSM gear, I do not believe them when call me their friend.
They want my money and that is it. Most of my friends don't. Pharmacy
industrials do not care about the progress of humanity health. And I am afraid
researchers have to obey the money management, and concentrate on what will make
more money. Test strips, as far as I now, are as expensive as they were 25 years
ago. The research went into going from a 45 seconds delay to a fast 5 second -
and uncrypted communication with my pump. Big deal...

 Then I like the Nasa comparison. What about a Moon-made-artificial pancreas ?
I'd volunteer to make the trip and test the high-jump-low-gravity pump...!
;-)

Jean Debefve

Le 28 nov. 2011 ` 18:24, email @ redacted a icrit :