[IP] 4 year Medicare Replacement

I was wondering if you were actually on Medicare at the time the pump was
new?  I have heard this about Medicare and 5 years.  I am approaching the end
of my warranty in Aug 2010 but was not actually on Medicare when I got my
first pump.  It's in the back on mind now.  I have an Animas pump and have
actually had one replacement last March when I was receiving multiple alarms.
It was promptly replaced and has been fine so far.  I think it's a Medicare
issue rather than a pump compnay policy.  I was hoping for a more advanced
pump come 2010 or perhaps 2011 when my warranty is up. I have a 1250 Animas
pump..no CGMS nor Ping here.  I guess I need to do some checking soon as to
how this is handled unless somebody else might know??

Diane from Michigan

Pumping Animas 1250  since August o6
Diane