[IP] Re: 4 Year Medicare Replacement for Spirit?

I have been told that because I am now on Medicare I can only get a
new pump every five years, not four.  Is it only the Spirit pump
which times out at four years that is allowed a four year replacement
under Medicare?

I have a MM722.  It's been replaced several times for various
problems as I approach a full four years.  It will be out of warranty
at the end of December and I will have it for another year without
any warranty.  Can anyone tell me what their experience has been with
MM in that fifth year?  Have they stood by the pump when there are
problems?

By the way, my most recent replacement pump, obviously a restored
one, has a 1/2" crack emanating from the top right on the screen and
curcling around the top.  The pump works fine.  Anybody else have that?

Jean Roseman