Re: [IP] Re: The Statin Question

Hi Laura,
There is a book that I've been reading. It's called
"Lipitor Thief of Memory - Statin Drugs and the Misguided War on
Cholesterol"
By Duane Graveline, MD.

http://www.amazon.com/Lipitor-Thief-Memory-Duane-Graveline/dp/1424301629/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259427443&sr=8-1-spell

One of the important things he mentions is the dose. You have to make
sure the dose is the absolutely smallest possible to work for you. It's
when doctors prescribe a huge dose without considering the patient's
details that problems occur.

It's very technical but very good.  I have a friend who is about 75 and
he was put on statins. He seems to have gone from a perfectly normal
person to la la land in about a year(?)
As you get older you *need* your cholesterol to be higher. It's
protective. Your brain needs cholesterol to function. The cholesterol
scare is just a myth perpetrated by the big pharma companies.

8-}