[IP] Re: The Statin Question

Laura Shapiro wrote:

My endo sent me home with a statin prescription.

 My Tryglycerides are fine, cholesterol is fine, only the LDL is a problem

at 116, usually 106).....

No one ever suggested more exercise or diet modifications, and I would

like to see if that brings things down first.

I surely am afraid of the side effects of the statins.

In response:

Doctors can only advise. It's up to you to decide on the treatment you will
accept. I like diet and exercise before adding drugs. Did you tell the
doctor your preferences?