From: Cynthia VanDenBerge
Date: 11/30/2007 11:24:39 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] A first for me!

Imagine my surprise at waking up to a bunch of paramedics in my house!
Sheesh, sometime between HGTVs "If Walls Could Talk" and the news, I lost
consciousness!  I had no warning that I was low and my 84 year old mom
walked into the room and she says that I was unable to respond at all.  I
have had type 1 for 14 years and have never had such an episode and I am
wondering why I did not feel low at all.  I have pretty good awareness and I
checked my bolus history to see if I had overdone it somehow, but no, it
looked pretty OK.  I had done a little stuff in the yard, but nothing really
hard.  It was embarrassing and scarey and probably expensive!  Right now, I
hate this disease...and I am usually pretty upbeat about it.  Thanks for
listening.  I am sure that many of you have "been there, done that".