[IP] Retinopathy Prevention

I was at my eye doctor a couple weeks ago and he told me that they are
currently doing clinical trials on a medication that will prevent diabetic
retinopathy.  Has anybody heard of this medication?  He mentioned that the
clinical trials were so conclusive that Eli Lily had already started
building the manufacturing process for the medication and that it should be
on the shelf in a couple of years.