[IP] Re: Family history of type 1

seems like I have heard of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) being related or a
predecessor to diabetes?  like the pancreas would wear out doing all the
excess insulin?

my maternal grandmother had hypoglycemia, my paternal grandfather developed
T2 about the time I developed T1 (age 11)...and eventually, both of my
siblings developed diabetes (brother T1 at 18, sister T2 just recently)
later, in discussing family trees with this grandfather, we discovered that
he had a brother who died in childhood, with symptoms that sound
mysteriously like T1, undiagnosed, untreated, because it was close to the
time that insulin was discovered, and certianly before it was 'available'