Drinking Alcohol according to Pumping Insulin was Re: [IP] Any good books?

>From: "Pattie Knox" <email @ redacted>
>To: <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] Any good books?
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:52:55 -0500

"Pumping insulin" said to eat something before having an alcoholic drink.
Then, have your alcoholic drink.  Then, take a blood glucose reading.  Then,
do a correction bolus that is half the normal one.  Monitor frequently
afterwards.  Avoid drinking late at night before you go to sleep.  (I guess
that means drink in the morning so that you can avoid a low blood sugar
incident, when your family is sleeping!)

As my husband said on hearing these rules, "I'd like something a little more

I wish your daughter the best of luck!  There are some disastrous things
that happen when diabetics drink!