RE: [IP] Re: basals and boluses/Relationship with one's doctor

Wow...we spend no less than an hour with our (peds) endo, every time! If
a question or problem comes up between visits I can email, page, or call
him and get a response within a couple of hours (sometimes immediately).
We've seen his peds CDE only a couple of times (at a special
comprehensive diabetes clinic with the endo, CDE, dietitian, and
psychologist) and that's it. We've been with him for all 7yrs and will
be with him until Shannon is too old to see him anymore. We're very
lucky and very happy with her care. Shannon was dxd on Thanksgiving Day
(1996) so I always thank him then, for another year of excellent
teamwork. :)

Take care, Kerri - IP Parents-of-Pumpers chat host and mom of Shannon
(email @ redacted 11/96, pumping email @ redacted 11/99, pumping email @ redacted 8/03 and loving
it!), and her 7 siblings  "I count carbs, not sheep!" :)

Children with Diabetes international online support forum

Laura said:
My Endo is just about 100 percent uninvolved, though to his credit he
got me a
pump. He is the third one I have seen who spends about five minutes,
knows not
much about pumps, and sends me on my merry way. I get one instant A1C,
occasional foot check and a blood test requisition for whatever is
The CDE Animas sent me for training was without a doubt the best, most
informed person I ever worked with and I owe her a world of gratitude.