[IP] ever heard of this?

My Dad has heard from some of his Vietnam buddies that the government is
giving money to people who were exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam, or their
direct decendents, if they have medical problems because of it.  One of them
also says he has read that there is proof that diabetes can be caused by
this.  He's supposed to be sending the articles he saw it in and the form
you're supposed to send in to the government.  Both my brother and I have
type 1, and nobody else in our family for the last 4 generations has had it.
What I'm wondering is, has anyone else heard of this?   Where else would I
look to get more info?