Re: [IP] Terminated due to Low

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:17:09 -0600, George wrote:
> >  My hd, Dave, was terminated last Friday. On Nov.
> he was hypo unaware
> >(dropped to 34) and swore at another employee.
> >
> >supplies and Endo so he won't have to go back on MDI.
> Great Holiday this will
> >be! Does anyone have any suggestions...Please!
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Mel & Dave (38yrs old, dx 20yrs, MM508 2yrs (learning
> how to use it 1 year)
> Call ADA (American Diabetes Association) and ask for
> their support on
> an ADA (American's with Disabilities Act) claim.
> know if you
> are in a "right to work" state or not, but also check
> with an EEOC
> office and any Ombudsman program through the States
> Employment
> Commission.  Now I'm no lawyer (don't even play one on
> TV) but it
> seems that there may have been errors committed by the
> employer in
> terminating Dave.

I agree.  If every incident has been because of a low
(i.e. he hasn't called people names or gotten irritible
with decent blood sugars) then you probably have a good
case.  I am as brittle as he is, and i have involved my
office with my transition to better control and they
are supportive.  I suspect because the ADA act is not
something a company wants to be hit with.

As a thought, if this is a Union job, you can also file
with the Union.  (I'm guessing it isn't)

If all else fails, it is certainly worth considering
consulting a lawyer.  As my lawyer friend tells me,
often you just need something on law office stationary
to set the world to rights.

Miki Tracey
email @ redacted

He's a shy gay sorceror on the run. She's a tortured
junkie mermaid living on borrowed time. They fight
street.org/fightcrime.htm - Try Again