Re: [IP] Re: Mothers of children with diabetes who develope diabes themselves

My husband was diagnosed at 31.  His cousin was diagnosed at 7.  His
grandfather was diagnosed at 52.  My husband is type 1.  His cousin was type
1.  His grandfather was always on insulin.  Their age at diagnosis sure
ranges, though, doesn't it?  My husband's son is having low blood sugar
episodes and reactive low blood sugar at 20.

My thought is that the age is all over the map in this family, although they
all appear to be lean and type 1.

They are doing a world-wide study now on the link between type 1  and

One study said that a risk factor should be that you live with someone who
is a diabetic.  That gives me food for thought.

The link isn't just genetic.  Environmental factors play a role, too.