Re: [IP] old insulin

>If you use a fairly even amount of insulin everyday (say 25 units)
>and you change your set every three days, just fill your reservoir
>with 80-90 units.  (that way you have a little extra incase you use
>more than expected)  This way you wont have to use old insulin and
>your new insulin will stay fresh.
>Kristen   (pumping with minimed 512 since 10/16/03 :~)

Or put in 176 units so that you have a bit of reserve after 6 days of
pumping with "fresh" insulin.  I've been pumping since 1998 and
though by no means an expert, I have never felt any difference from
using "not so fresh" insulin.    ;>)       YMMV

(who changes sets every three days and a reservoir every 6+ days)