[IP] Oxford insurance in New York

From: email @ redacted
>>  Oxford will cover pump and pump supplies based on letter of Medical
Nessessity from your doctor and support from the pump company. Be aware
though that Oxford will give you one (1) pump for a lifetime. When the
warranty is over, you don't get the next pump from Oxford......<<

That is exactly my problem!  I have been pumping for over 5 years and, for a
number of reasons, it is time to replace my pump.  Oxford provided coverage
for my present pump but has told me it is a one per lifetime deal!  They
will pay to have it repaired but  nothing more.  I spoke with Oxford on the
phone and they have mailed me their pump policy.  I also spoke with the New
York insurance commissioners office.  The CSR who answered the phone feels
that the policy of Oxford is unreasonable but that was only the unofficial
call-takers view.  My situation is more complicated than just a one per
lifetime issue.  I was interested in knowing if anyone at IP successfully
overcame this rediculous policy of Oxford.  Thanks for the reply.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998