Re: [IP] help this mama out please :))

Hi Kel,

I suppose this is one of the bad things about putting a pump on in the
hospital.  Unless you live there, you are not apt to replicate a home

First, are you working with your Pump Coach, CDE, and Doctor on this?  They
are really the ones that are in the best position to help.

With a dawn phenomenon happening, you may have to use different segments on
your active basal program to accommodate those changes.

Here is the worst part.  In order to really know what's going on in the
diet, you have to faithfully record everything that goes in her mouth.  It's
a pain in the butt but it is necessary to figure out what is happening.

High fat foods can delay absorption and can be much  trickier to deal with
than less fatty foods.

I have just recently moved from U-100 to U-500 insulin and for me it is like
starting over again.  For the first three days I was consistently high as I
ratcheted up my basal rates.  I finally starting getting hypoglycemic
reactions and have now eased off on the basal rate.  I will be eating TV
dinners (an awful thought to dieticians or doctors) but all the nutritional
information about the meal is right there!

As always, YMMV.

Good luck!

Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in
finishing an activity but in doing it.

Author Greg Anderson