From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 4:33 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] help this mama out please :))

> my daughter 11,went on the pump fri. and had perfect numbers in the
> hospital ( they keep you for 24 hours) then we get home and her
> numbers are high again, what am i doing wrong? why are they higher
> now? higher fat food? she also has extreme dawn phenomonon, where
> she goes to bed at 120 and wakes up at 300 or more, funny thing is
> in the hosp. she was perfect all night too. she comes
>  home and the same cycle starts...... shes not sneaking that I know
>  of, anybody
> kel

High bg's in the morning many times indicate a low during the night.
You need to have good basal profiles and a good understanding of how
to set them and keep them regulated. Your CDE can help you with this
and you can gain good insight and knowledge about this by reading the
chapter in Pumping Insulin about setting basals and the HOWTO on the
Insulin Pumpers web site at:

"HOWTO profle your BASAL RATES"