RE: [IP] Educating the Public? Insulin Pills

>Insulin Pills?  HA!  That's one of my biggest peeves!  "Can't you just
>take insulin pills, like my friend (or relative) does?"
>Or this, when they mean well: "I know you can't have sweets."
>Antonio in Los Angeles
>Dx Type 1 1993 @ Age 27
>Paradigm 512

I think people once were told not to have sweets, not to have juice, except
to treat a low.  My husband has had one piece of cake with icing since I've
known him.  He used to eat ice cream a fair bit, but dropped that one when
he developed cholesterol problems.

People on two shots a day or even multiple injection therapy are confused by
the pump, you know!  Even some doctors probably don't prescribe it because
they think it's too technical.

How many diabetics and caregivers of diabetics just can't be bothered with
all the rigamarole that goes into the pump?

As a Canadian doctor said on a site last night:  Going from two shots per
day to six is called progress???