[IP] Alcohol Consumption

Dry wines have no perceivable sugar and for most of us will not increase bg
levels.  In sweeter wines, either all of the sugar has not been fermented to
alcohol or there has been some sugar added and therefore there is a residual
sugar content that may increase bg levels.  A few of the more um popular
wines, even though they may seem relatively dry, may contain *natural
flavors*.  This is presumably something that has a carbohydrate content,
perhaps grape juice.  Then again, as you said, YMMV.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998
Interesting. All the books and everything talk about the danger of alcohol
lowering your blood sugar.

Whenever I've had a drink--and I never have more than one, and with a
mealif I'm appropriately bolused and everything...my blood sugar will shoot
up to about 400 and stay there for several hours.

Just experienced this yesterday, actually, from a glass (ok, maybe a glass
and a half) of white wine.

YMMV in very big letters...