Re: [IP] Was Pay Up - now Beta Cell Transplants

At 7:46 PM -0600 11/21/03, James Parsons wrote:
>  >  or some brilliant grant writer will know just how to touch on the
>>  compassion that is stored up in all those conservatives out there!
>>  > George
>Thanks for the mention, George hehe.

WHAT???   You mean you know some of those "compassionate
conservatives" our state is so famous for?      ;>)       Good luck
with those James, everyone owes you a big pat on the back if any of
them come through for IP.   Keeping my fingers crossed on that!

>BTW, what did you think of the presentation yesterday at Baylor? (Baylor
>Hospital in Fort Worth plans to conduct ten beta cell transplants in 2004
>and another ten in 2005).
>I had to chuckle when Dr. Levy said he wanted healthy candidates, but if you
>are pumping and in good control, don't bother. So he wants patients who are
>out of control but healthy?? Life is full of ironies...

Diabetic life certainly is, James.   I still can't feel anything but
hopeful with the Transplants occurring in Dallas.   Of course, I
don't expect the "Cure this Decade", but I do feel reasonably sure it
will happen this century!  There is great hope that a Cure will be
found before any more of my family has to endure this disease.    ;>)
(just wish I had a pancreas that was capable of producing something,
remember the figures 16+ million diabetics, 25,000 patients on
waiting list for k/p/t, 5,000 pancreases donated each year and two
are needed for each one diabetic patient)

George   :>)