Re: [IP] Re: Nipro Amigo Pump

I saw the Nipro Amigo last week. It is slightly less chunky than the 508
and holds 300 units of insulin. They've already made some changes to the
software. The pump is being tested by Underwriters Laboratory to
determine its waterproof level and it is expected to be considered
waterproof. They have also verified via testing that they do not have
issues with ESD.

They've tried to make this pump the best of both worlds. It has .05
increments for basals, vibrations, silent and sound alarms, waterproof,
the menu uses both words AND icons (if you're used to Disetronic, you
may like this). An extended bolus is available in addition to the normal

I like the clear window to the reservoir even though they also show the
res level on the front screen. They also show the battery level on the
front screen. I like the leather case a lot since it still allows you to
see the res window and has a clip that works like a mobile phone clip.

The Amigo uses a Lithium battery and lasts about 2 months.

Though Nipro already controls a large portion of the market in Japan, it
appears that the Amigo is going to be their insulin pump workhorse from
now on. They're shipping it world-wide, including to Japan.

I have been told that they are working to create "the best customer
service" of all of the companies.

Good luck,