[IP] Endocrine doc

Does anyone know of a good endocrine doc in the DC or Maryland area that we
could go to for a second opinion?

Our endocrine doc is adamant against RIA for Kevin's hyperthyroid and said
he'd do surgery (in an emergency) before recommending RIA. He says that a
child Kevin's age (15) is more likely to get thyroid cancer as an adult if we
went that route.Hmmmm. I've heard from plenty of people on this list who say
it's not a issue and even read a few articles on the internet on Pediatrics
and thyroid problems that stated such.

Anyway, I'm looking for a doc that is easy to us to talk to, who is willing to
give his opinion about RIA vs. meds  or RIA vs. Surgery. The meds are not
responding yet and it's been 5 weeks. The last bloodwork done showed that Kev
was even MORE hyperthyroid than before. So, we doubled the dose. I know I've
vented this before...but it REALLY messes up the beautiful bg's he was just
starting to get!

Once again, Thanks for your help.

Mom to Kevin, 15, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99