From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Greg Legowski
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 6:56 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] RE: Pay Up

It's rare, but I have to respectfully disagree with Sara.

Don't get me wrong, I HAVE benefitted from the list, and certainly want
to see it continue.  However, making it a mandatory, subscription-only
list, would kill one of the best benefits of the list.

How many new people have come on the list looking for information?
Many.  How many of them were fence-sitters about even GETTING a pump?
Many.  How many of those fence-sitters would have paid for a
subscription, just to see if the list would even help them make up their
minds?  My personal bet, few to none.

I have no problem personally paying to help support the list.  I too
wish there were some way for the "begging" (Sara's term) to go away.
However, I do NOT think that making paying for the list a REQUIREMENT is
the way to go.  I wish I had a better solution that took care of both

"Classic case of rebuilding the airframe while the plane's in flight..."
-- Don Brinker