[IP] Insulin-Pumpers

I joined IP in the fall of 1999.  A gentleman from another diabetes chat
page told me that if I was interested in finding out everything there was
to know about pumping insulin, IP was the place to go.  I was diagnosed
with Type 1 diabetes in 1963, and in all those years, I had met few people
who were also Type 1 like me.  IP literally changed my life.  I found out
about insulin pumps, and I became excited about getting one for
myself.  After 37 years of injections, set diets, schedules, I was more
than ready for a change.  Once I got a pump, all the information and
suggestions from other "experienced" pumpers helped me so much in those
early days.  I don't think I could have managed it all without everyone's
help.  Whenever I had a question or a problem, a response was just minutes
away thanks to this mail list.

But, there was one more unseen benefit that I found.  Many new friends.  I
have met so many wonderful people through this site.  People that are now
my dearest and closest friends.  I've traveled across the country visiting
them.  I've shared so many wonderful times with them.  Without IP, my life
would be very different today.  I'm sure there would be just a bit less
laughter and fun.  I'm sure there would be a bit more uncertainty on how to
handle my diabetes and my insulin pump.

I'm grateful that I'm in a position to make a regular monthly donation to
IP.  IP and its members supported me so many times, that I'm glad I can
give the support back.  I don't criticize anyone that feels that they can't
afford to offer monetary support to IP, and I am glad for those that
can.  I am thankful for Michael and all his work here at IP.  I am glad for
all the volunteers who I know do a great job taking care of new memberships
and member requests for help.  IP changed my life.  IP is now a big part of
my life.  Those of you who feel as I do, if you can just give a bit of
support back to IP, I know it would do a world of good in helping to keep
things going.  Thanks.