RE: [IP] Type 2 - when insulin?

Your friend needs to contact her doctor right away.  She probably should be
on insulin as it sounds like her oral meds aren't doing the job.  I was on
oral meds for 13 years and the meds were still working well, but the damage
to my kidneys was to the point that they could no longer tolerate the oral
meds and I had to go onto insulin.  But the determination needs to be made
by a competent endocrinologist

Bruce

Hi,
I was just wondering for those of you with Type 2 how you knew it was time
to go on insulin?  I'm worried about a woman who I know who has type 2 and
told me her meter read "hi" one night and her fasting AM blood sugar the
next  morning was 350ish. This was all last weekend and as of today she
hasn't gotten in touch with her doctor.  She is on oral meds and apparently
ran out, but this seems like some really high blood sugars.  I told her
today that she REALLY needs to talk to her doctor, I am seriously worried
about her.  Any input appreciated!
Deirdre
mom to Nicole (4) dxd 10/2001 pumping 4/03 Kelly (9), Blake (6) and Luke (2)