[IP] Type 2 - when insulin?

I was just wondering for those of you with Type 2 how you knew it was time to
go on insulin?  I'm worried about a woman who I know who has type 2 and told
me her meter read "hi" one night and her fasting AM blood sugar the next
 morning was 350ish. This was all last weekend and as of today she hasn't gotten
touch with her doctor.  She is on oral meds and apparently ran out, but this
seems like some really high blood sugars.  I told her today that she REALLY
needs to talk to her doctor, I am seriously worried about her.  Any input
mom to Nicole (4) dxd 10/2001 pumping 4/03
Kelly (9), Blake (6) and Luke (2)