RE: [IP] Pay up

 >All -
 >Not to sound like a heretic, but would exactly would we be paying for? I
 >belong to several other lists, two of them diabetes-related and chock
 >full of very useful information, and none of them have ever asked me for
 >a dime. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but I just don't get this
 >pay up thing.

This list does not run itself in some sort of limbo zone. The money we ask
for goes to pay for office space and expenses, computer equipment,
utilities, and whatever minute amount of salary can be afforded. This amount
goes largely to support the list--which you'll note is completely private and
non-commercial--unlike many of the others in existence.

The money we ask for does not even attempt to pay for the efforts of the
many volunteers who spend thousands of hours each year to keep the list
running smoothly, add content to the website, moderate Chats, answer HELP
questions, and so forth.

By the way, as Insulin Pumpers is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, the
information on its books is public and can be obtained from the IRS.

IP-Admin Group