From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of SharonB
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 9:41 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Autonomic Diarrhea

Antonio:
If you haven't seen a gastroenterologist, I would.  There are tests and
others
meds besides the Clonidine.  I have gastroparesis as well, and the GI
doc put
me on prophylactic antibiotics, because sometimes bacterial overgrowth
in the
gut can account for the diarrhea.  I take Flagyl for a month then take
tetracycline for a month and alternate every month, along with the
lomotil.
It took several months, but now, if I don't miss the lomotil dose, the
diarrhea is reasonably well controlled. I cannot remember the name of
one of
the tests, but it involved blowing up a plastic bag and sealing it every
30
minutes for four hours.  It had something to do with the gases emitted
in
respiration that could diagnose gut/digestion problems.  This was done
at the
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.

I know how sucky this is, I wish you the best of luck!

Sharon