[IP] Autonomic Diarrhea

If you haven't seen a gastroenterologist, I would.  There are tests and others
meds besides the Clonidine.  I have gastroparesis as well, and the GI doc put
me on prophylactic antibiotics, because sometimes bacterial overgrowth in the
gut can account for the diarrhea.  I take Flagyl for a month then take
tetracycline for a month and alternate every month, along with the lomotil.
It took several months, but now, if I don't miss the lomotil dose, the
diarrhea is reasonably well controlled. I cannot remember the name of one of
the tests, but it involved blowing up a plastic bag and sealing it every 30
minutes for four hours.  It had something to do with the gases emitted in
respiration that could diagnose gut/digestion problems.  This was done at the
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.

I know how sucky this is, I wish you the best of luck!