[IP] Autonomic Diarrhea -- Finally Got Help

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on the list, in this case
particularly for those who participated in the autonomic
neuropathy/sweating discussion.  I learned from the article that
diarrhea could be related to this.  I had suffered with bowel movements
of like 8-12 in a few hours and none of the traditional meds (Lomotil,
Immodium) worked.  My nurse case manager suggested that, since I take
narcotic pain meds anyway, I may as well use them for the diarrhea as
well.  I got my GI doc's approval on this and it worked.  However, my
other doc was concerned about the long term use of narcotics so that
wasn't an ideal solution either.  After following the thread here, and
reading the article that ensued, I called my Endo and he spoke with me
and agreed to prescribe Clonidine.  An easy solution (hopefully).  So,
once I get the Clonidine, I can taper off the narcotic and make sure it
keeps my bowels slowed down.  Unfortunately, he also told me that the
medication used for sweating is not a good thing to take, so there's no
treatment for that, but at least now I know where it could be coming
Thanks, everyone!
Antonio in Los Angeles
Dx Type 1 1993 @ Age 27
Paradigm 512