From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Danielle
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 5:18 AM
To: ip-ip
Subject: RE: [IP] candy for lows

From: "Juan Antonio Dominion" email @ redacted

I use Life Savers as well and since having a tooth problem, the Gummi
Savers, because they're softer (I know the sugar absorption probably
isn't as good).
All these years I couldn't understand why anyone would need the glucose
tabs, which I think taste horrible. I thought I was just a "bad"
renegade diabetic.

AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH, Antonio!  Put down the Life Savers and back away and
one will get hurt!  LOL  I ate so many Life Savers for lows growing up,
can barely look at them today.  Also had them repeatedly "melt" or get
sticky in purses or pockets over summers, sometimes drawing ants
neither of which the tabs do.  I buy drugstore-brand glucose tabs (which
come in artificial watermelon flavor mmmmmmm I really don't like
flavors as a rule, but watermelon is a sick penchant of mine since
Friendly's came out with Watermelon Sherbet Coolers when I was young
fwiw, the orange and raspberry are yummy, too.  Yes, they are more
than Life Savers.   And if one likes watermelon flavor like I do, there
*are* watermelon hard candies. <g>  But like the gal with 8 kids said,
would disappear in my house, too, with 6 kids - the glucose tabs look
"funky" enough that they respect that they're mine, mine, mine ;-)  And
really, does it matter *what* we use, as long as it works to bring down
*our* low?  Life Savers, Gummi Savers, Glucose Tabs - it's all good ;-)
Vive la difference!