[IP] Re: Mothers of children with diabetes who develope diabes themselves

In a message dated 11/18/03 11:29:49 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Mothers of children with diabetes who develop diabetes themselves
> I'm wondering if there are other mothers on this website who have obsessed
> for years about their child's diabetes and have ultimately gone on to
> develop
> diabetes themselves. I have obsessed for 15.5 years about my son's diabetes
> and
> now find my post prandial bgs are rising, my A1C is going up, and I'm
> willing
> to start taking insulin. I don't know if it's type 2 or LADA...Just
> wondering
> how many other mothers on this list find themselves in the same boat.
> Thought we could all row together, rather than sink :-).
Ellen, I am so sorry to hear this.....I have not developed D as yet but
always wonder since my brother as well as my daughter had/have D.....I was
diagnosed hypoglycemic years ago but have been able to handle that with

North Central Texas Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
(NCTFFCMH) Website:<A
m/nctffcmh/index.html</A>NCTFFCMH Email: <A
HREF="mailto:email @ redacted">
email @ redacted</A>