Re: [IP] RE: My Reply/90 day trials

At 3:21 AM +0000 11/19/03, Dianna Inkster wrote:
>I have wondered what life was like for diabetics before glucose
>monitoring devices and pumps if they had hypoglycemia often and were
>presented no signs to their spouses.  It does give one pause for
>thought.  Oh, well,we shouldn't go back!  We should turn the page!
>We must go forward.

To some, it was HELL

I remember the "battles" my mother had with my father.when he went
hypo.  It was hard on him, but she had the real physical challenge in
dealing with him when we weren't around.   As if having 5 sons wasn't
hard enough, she had the "stubborn older child" that she had to take
care of.  All of that to deal with when she only stood 5'2"    She
was, and will always be, a GIANT to me.  I only wish she could have
had the help with my father that a pump has given me.    :>)