[IPn] Why I support Insulin Pumpers

Hello Pumpers and Friends,

It is the 18th day of our pledge drive and we still need to raise an
additional $2750 to meet the goal for the Fall quarter. Rather than
me telling you why you should support Insulin Pumpers, let the
members speak for themselves.

A member from New Hampshire wrote to me:
Why I contribute monthly to i-p:
We first found insulin-pumpers.org almost two years ago when researching
the possibility of getting an insulin pump for our daughter.  At that
time we had been told for a year and a half by her endo that insulin
pumps are not an option for kids under 10.  Through insulin-pumpers.org,
we were able to contact many parents who were very helpful in assuring us
that this was an option to pursue.  When she started on a pump, we turned
again to i-p for advice from people who know, both to parents of kids
with diabetes and to the adults at i-p.  At first, I read the main list
and the pop list almost daily.  Now, I check in only occasionally and
usually just to the pop list, but there's is almost always something
relevant to us.  I decided to contribute monthly the amount equivalent to
our co-pay for a doctor's appointment.  I learn more through i-p than I
do at my daughters appointments with her endo.  There are so many i-p
members who are willing to share their stories and advice.  My daughter
even has a pen pal form another part of the country thanks to i-p.
Insulin-pumpers.org is a well run site that has extremely useful
information that is relatively unbiased.  It is worth the cost of a
doctor's visit, at least.

Your contributions are needed to help keep this service alive and
well. Please make your donation, sustaining contribution or
challenge today.

To make a donation or sustaining gift to Insulin Pumpers visit the
Insulin Pumpers donation page at:

To issue your own challenge to the membership to match your
generosity, use the Insulin Pumpers challenge gift page at:

Insulin Pumpers
558 Valley Way
Milpitas, CA 95035

In the UK,  <=====