From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 7:47 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Educating the Public?

Has everyone been seeing a rash of diabetes-related articles in their
local
newspapers as a result of November being Diabetes Awareness Month?  Our
paper
yesterday had an okay article about a child with type 1, but the
accompanying
photo caption read:

"Alexander tests his blood sugar levels at his home in Killeen.  A low
reading could mean he'll need an insulin shot, or something to eat."

Last week, the paper featured someone with type 2, and the same writer
 mentioned that the person had started out on insulin pills when first
diagnosed.

No wonder people are confused!

Pam Moore
Mom to Robert, 16, dx 9/99