From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Brian Burtt
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 10:53 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Help...

Got a question, and I wondered if anybody was out there in the middle of
the night, and could help me.

I've been pumping for about three weeks now.  The last couple of site
changes (but not the previous ones), I've had problems with high blood
sugars a couple of hours after the site change.  They can go as high as
300, but then come down and stay down, leading me to think it's not a
site problem.

Here's what happened today:
11:47 am: 128
Did the site change about 12:45, was off insulin for about 20 min., but
I took 0.5 units before disconnection.
12:58 pm: 120
2pm: 123
3pm: 165
340pm: had about 30 carbs, took 2.2 units
415pm: 271 (figured I didn't take enough insulin for that gingerbread
latte, took 1.9.)
530pm: 309 (took 2 more units)
6pm: 256
9pm: 47 (!, so I think, this thing is working...)

But now it's creeping back into the 200's.  If it stays there much
longer, I'll do a site change, but I wondered if the pattern above made
any sense to anybody...

(Feeling pretty frustrated right now, trying to get a project done
that's due tomorrow, but being impeded by feeling crappy...)