[IP] Re: pre-filling cartridges

> >Hmmm.interesting. Where did you hear that and what is the reasoning
> >(because it's a protein and might bind to the plastic)? We've been
> >prefilling anywhere from 3-9 *plastic* cartridges (1-3 vials worth) at a
> >time for the last 4yrs, with no problems.
> i would not argue with your results, but just today, i was talking to
> a pump salesperson, who mentioned to me, that "the 'FDA' guidelines are
> that the cartridges are not to contain insulin, for more then 5 days".
Really?  I have no idea whether prefilling cartridges is a no-no or
not.........but I was just at the Logimedix website and noticed that they
are selling pre-filled cartridges for ALL insulin pumps. They prefill the
cartridges to "selected level upon prescription" and ship them in "custom
protected leakproof packaging". I wonder if they are aware of the FDA

Sharon J