Re: [IP] Cacelled Insulin Pump Support Group

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #665--cacelled support
> group meeting 11/18 oceansi
> > It seems as though DESITRONIC has decided to no longer help us with
> > our support group. The company had always been there with a sales rep
> > and Now that they are no longer able to sell their own pumps for a while
 > > they have decide not to support the diabetics that were part of this group.
> > We are looking for,  possibly, animas or one of the other pump
> > manufacturers for help in keeping this group going and building it up.
 > > SHAME ON YOU DESITRONIC. If another companies rep. would want > to commit
> supporting us and  be there for meetings 5 times a year, every >
> other month from sept. through june.
> Boneafido,
> Aren't you being overly harsh on Disetronic?  My Insulin Pump
> Support Group lost Disetronic's support as well; but none of us have
> hard feelings toward Disetronic over it.
> Did you realize that Disetronic's entire field sales force was laid
> off?  The company is in a major state of flux under new ownership
> (Roche) and currently does not have the resources, or motivation, to
> support Insulin Pump Support Groups.
> Service of Disetronic pumps, already in use, will continue well into
> the future.  However, I personally question whether we will ever see
> a new pump made with Disetronic's name on it.

I don't know any more than you do about what is going on, however
what I do know about Disetronic as well as the other pump companies
is that the people that work there are all very fine folks that put
forth their best efforts to help all of us. Remember also the
Disetronic is selling in all other markets except the US. I expect we
will see more good products from them as well as their competitors
and I expect when the FDA finally gets its "paper basket" filled that
we will again see good support for the diabetes community a from
Disetronic when their US arm has the resources to do so.