[IP] Re: trusting my pump

> 5. finally, i use so little insulin (almost 30 percent less on the pump)
> that i was wondering if i could keep the same cartridge in when i changed
> the set. yesterday with my first set change i threw away the old
> along with quite a bit of insulin, which seemed like a waste.
> I hate to clog the list with lots of emails, so ive tried to compile these
> all together. feel free to answer any  or none of these questions.

The most *clogs* the list gets is the lack of <snipping> irrelevant posts
replied to. I left #5 cuz that's the part I'm addressing.

I reuse my reservoirs at least 2-3 x before tossing them. If I have about
20u left, I add that to the 20u in the Luer Lock connector, as well as the
20u in the 43" tubing = 60 u I'm not willing to toss. I just withdraw what's
there into the resv. and add it it. I have been reusing reservoirs (notice
that's plural = not the same resv.) for at least 18 years. ;-) I also use
the same insulin vial until it's empty and it stays on the bathroom
countertop at room temp. I use about 26-33u a day.

Oh, and about the *newer insulins* and Regular was included in another post:
Not so - Regular was the very first insulin and was not named that until a
variation came along. Sorta like gasoline. Regular is plain gas - then
additives, etc. they had to call it *Regular.*

Gotta tell you this one: My friend had moved nearby a store and her 8-10
y/o(?) son wanted to go alone soooo bad. He begged so she decided he could
get her some feminine napkins - she wrote it on a note. When he came home he
asked her to check if what he got was okay. She said it was. He insisted she
look inside. She looked and said it was okay. He said, "Good. The grocer
asked me if you wanted Regular or Super and I said Regular because that's
the kind of gas you always get."

Regular naps prevent old age.....especially if you take them while driving.