Re: [IP] IR Problems (was My Treatment Assistant problem on Windows XP)

At 2:09 AM -0500 11/17/03, email @ redacted wrote:
>   I had a TERRIBLE time installing MTP on Win98 but between the incredible
>tech at Deltec and the tech at the place who made the IR cable,

This "tip" really doesn't have anything to do with the software, but
during a demonstration of the Deltec the rep. was shown the solution
to a problem that maybe some of you have encountered.  This only
concerns the IR connection and I guess this would be true for the
Animas IR-1x00 pumps also.  If you are trying to make the IR
connection and encounter transmission or connection errors, check to
see if there are any fluorescent lights in the room.   The frequency
of fluorescent lamps will interfere with IR connections and the
solution is as simple as a thick piece of paper.   Make a "tent",
folding a thick paper or a few pages of thinner paper and use this as
a "tunnel" to keep the fluorescent light out of the IR path.   When
the path is "shaded" this way, connection problems disappear.   :>)