Re: [IP] Pumping Toddlers

>Vern -
>  My son is 3 & pumping now for 6 months. Children/people/everyone
>should go home
>after diagnosis with Type 1 with a pump. Even if it means a 24/hr
>stay for those
>not in DKA. I see no reason for endos to insist that we learn "shots".
>The pump changes everything.
>Mom to Joshua, 3, dx'd. @ 20 mos.-Pumping Cozmo 6/03 & Jessie, 22
>western Massachusetts

You hit the nail right square on the head Shelly!!!   WHY shouldn't
new diabetics be immediately given an "artificial pancreas"?   There
is absolutely nothing to be learned from taking shots, other than
that long-term insulins are a poor treatment for people, or a
treatment for poor people.  If I had my way (sorry GB2) all diabetics
would be offered insulin pumps with NO delay.   Who needs to learn
that shots are lousier than pumps at control.   I'd much rather learn
control with a pump than with shots.  IMO, that's a no-brainer!
Stupid Doctors that deny kids pumps are NON COMPLIANT!!!