[IP] Re: gustatory sweating

On Saturday, November 15, 2003,  <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I have autonomic neuropathy and have developed Frey's Syndrome
> (gustatory
> sweating).

Sharon, I haven't had this, but I have had other autonomic neuropathies
that were not permanent, so wonder if that is a possibility here.  The
2 neuropathies that come to mind are one that caused pain down one
cheek (lasted a matter of weeks), and one that caused tearing in one
eye whenever I moved the facial muscles (as in eating, talking,
smiling, going outside and squinting in the sun or wind, etc.).  That
one lasted about 9 months, and while it was really annoying when trying
to read, I just happened to attend an unusually large number of
funerals during that period, so I just fit right in <gr.>. One day it
was just gone, and it hasn't returned in the ensuing 12 years or so.
An opthamologist had actually wanted to operate on it -- I was very
glad I didn't let him.

Linda Z