Re: [IP] cure in a decade?

In a message dated 11/16/2003 8:57:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

How often have we heard that? This sounds really promising though they
address rejection.

Hope of cure for diabetes after success of mice trialsBy Andrew Buncombe in

Researchers in the United States said yesterday they had achieved a
breakthrough in their search for a cure for diabetes. Such a cure might be
readily available by the end of the decade.
I asked about that very subject at the Joslin Annul meeting on Sat. They are
using Spleen cells in the mice. If they were to put Spleen cells from any
 body, but your own Spleen they would attack every cell in your body. DR King
it could kill you. There is much more research to do before they think of
 human testing. He said it is only one step along the road. The Mice were from a
group of mice that were matched like a blood match or family member to each
 other. He was asked about Edmonton transplant progress, and he said all of the
50 year or more people at the meeting were not good candidates for the islet
transplant, because we were all in too good a shape. I have posted before on
this subject and I think any body who gets Diabetes as I did at 2 1/2 years of
age has a fair shot at seeing a cure of some kind in the next 10-20 years. I
guess I may see it if I make the 75 year mark. I won't hold my breath
                                    Roger C