[IP] Re: MM upgrade price reduction

 I know that California has a law that if a purchase goes on sale during a
specific period after you buy it, you can get a refund for the difference in
price. I'm not sure if it just governs retail stores, or other kinds of
purchases too. I'm also not sure about the time period covered. I want to say
it's within two weeks after your purchase, but I could be wrong. Something to
look into as a starter. If the law doesn't apply, I'd try the nice approach with
Minimed first. Also, given my experience trying to get a free sports guard after
the waterproof issue surfaced, don't settle just for what the CSR tells you.
Keep elevating it until you get someone higher up. You could also say you're
unhappy with the waterproof issue, but you'll accept that if you can at least
get the reduction on the upgrade price. Good luck. Pam

<Maybe you all can put this into some kind of perspective for me.  Just
last month, I gathered all my spare diabetes supplies and sold them on
ebay to finance my upgrade from the 511 to the 512.  I paid $450.  Now
MM has announced that it has reduced the price to $299.  Most
electronics stores, like Best Buy and Circuit City, have policies where
if the item goes on sale within 30 days after purchase, they will
the difference.  I suspect most stores would do this as well.  The
being that within the 30 days, you could just return the item for a
refund, then re-buy the item at the reduced price.  Is there any reason
I should expect MM to adhere to the same consumer standard?  Or not?
this just another case where one has to cut one's losses and move on?
Your constructive input is appreciated.>