[IP] Question regarding DKA

thirst in dka is related to water loss from the body trying to pee out the
glucose. Although vomitting is a symptom of dka not erveryone gets it. I just
get sleepy and am very hard to awaken. if I have lots of ketones, i do pass
out from high ketones. My home treatment routine is plenty of oral fluids, sc
insulin, gatoraide, more water and more water, ice cuibes, more water, crushed
ice. Oj for potassium. if i run out of gatoraide. insulin, more water. when bg
gets down to normal. gatoraide and ice water.
A.L. Bender, M. D.