[IP] Cacelled Insulin Pump Support Group

From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #665--cacelled support group
meeting 11/18 oceansi

> It seems as though DESITRONIC has decided to no longer help us with
> our support group. The company had always been there with a sales rep
> and Now that they are no longer able to sell their own pumps for a while
> they  have decide not to support the diabetics that were part of this group.
> We are looking for,  possibly, animas or one of the other pump
> manufacturers for help in keeping this group going and building it up.
> SHAME ON YOU DESITRONIC. If another companies rep. would want > to commit to
supporting us and  be there for meetings 5 times a year, every > other month
from sept. through june.

Aren't you being overly harsh on Disetronic?  My Insulin Pump Support Group
lost Disetronic's support as well; but none of us have hard feelings toward
Disetronic over it.

Did you realize that Disetronic's entire field sales force was laid off?  The
company is in a major state of flux under new ownership (Roche) and currently
does not have the resources, or motivation, to support Insulin Pump Support

Service of Disetronic pumps, already in use, will continue well into the
future.  However, I personally question whether we will ever see a new pump
made with Disetronic's name on it.

IDDM 23 years, pumping almost 9 years