[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #665

In a message dated 11/15/03 7:54:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have autonomic neuropathy and have developed Frey's Syndrome (gustatory
> sweating).  In the big picture, it is more of an annoyance than anything,
> but
> in the last year it has gotten so bad, I now hesitate to eat in public.  I
> can
> no longer wear any makeup, because the sweat runs so profusely down my face.
> I am seriously thinking about shaving my hair in the back short, because it
> gets soaking wet. It can be very embarrassing. I started pumping the
> beginning
> of this month.  I talked to my CDNE and she is going to try to get me to see
> neurologist, but wasn't hopeful of any type of treatment.  Anyone else have
> this problem?   If I have to live with it, I will, but it has gotten to the
> point where I would like some treatment.  Thanks!
>
> Sharon Bream

sweating).  In the big picture, it is more of an annoyance than anything, but
in the last year it has gotten so bad, I now hesitate to eat in public.  I
can
no longer wear any makeup, because the sweat runs so profusely down my face.
I am seriously thinking about shaving my hair in the back short, because it
I have autonomic neuropathy and have developed Frey's Syndrome (gustatory
gets soaking wet. It can be very embarrassing. I started pumping the
beginning
of this month.  I talked to my CDNE and she is going to try to get me to see
neurologist, but wasn't hopeful of any type of treatment.  Anyone else have
this problem?   If I have to live with it, I will, but it has gotten to the
point where I would like some treatment.  Thanks!

Sharon Bream

          Hi Sharon,

    When I eat acidic foods and especially spicy food I sweat like that.
It's really embarrassing when I go out to a Mexican restaurant, and the sweat
 just pours down my face. If someone notices, I just say "hot chilIie" and then
run to the ladies room. It used to happen a lot, but I haven't noticed it much
lately, but I'm under better control than I used to be since I've been
 pumping. I didn't know it was a form of neuropathy, or that it had a name. I
was
 kind of embarrassed to ask anyone, because I had never heard of it happening to
anyone else before.

Debz