[IP] Question regarding DKA

<<And one more question..does everyone in DKA throw
up?Everything I've read,says not be concerned if you
aren't throwing up,just keep taking extra
insulin/fluids.I've only been in DKA once in my
life,even at 1100 mg/dl I was not throwing up,I never
throw up.How many of you have that symptom when you're
headed toward DKA?>>

My Claire, then age 8, threw up which alerted me to it being time to head
for the hospital as she was in DKA.  She had only thrown up one time prior
in her life.  Her blood sugar at the time was not as high as 1100mg/dl!  But
ketones were very large, and she couldn't keep that water down.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9