Re: [IP]Insulin bad for the body?

In a message dated 11/15/03 9:19:38 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> At 2:00 AM +0000 11/16/03, Dianna Inkster wrote:
> >The books say the diabetic will feel hunger for the first time in
> >years.  That's what happened to my husband.  He started saying, "I'm
> >hungry!"  I'd never heard him say that before.
> The most enjoyable "Gestalt click" I had after starting the pump was
> when I said "I'm not eating lunch today!"   Pumping gives you freedom
> to eat when you want, and to NOT eat when you choose.

LOL  I skipped dinner the day I went "live" with insulin in my pump. I was
 tired, I wasn't hungry -- and it occurred to me I didn't *have to* eat! I
every half hour, in amazement that my BGs were just kind of "sitting there."

Jan and ElvisToo